About the Theme
The term ‘Soft Computing’ represents a set of computational techniques in machine learning, computer science and other engineering disciplines. It investigates, simulates and analyzes very complex issues and phenomena in the real life situation. SocProS aims to,
- Bring the research fraternity together in the field of Soft Computing.
- Investigate the future prospective directives with employing recent advances.
- Encourage practitioners/researchers to enhance their ability for problem solving in optimization.
SocProS is a series of International Conference in the joint technical collaboration with Soft Computing Research Society, Liverpool Hope University (UK), and Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, South Asian University New Delhi and National Institute of Technology Silchar. SocProS aims to bring together the researchers, engineers and practitioners to present the latest achievements and innovations in the interdisciplinary areas of soft computing to discuss thought-provoking developments and challenges, in order to select potential future directions. The major objective of the conference is to encourage participations of young researchers carrying research in the field relating to soft computing in India and abroad. The series of this conference started in 2011 and successfully continued in the following institutes in India.
- 2011: IE(I), RLC, Roorkee
- 2012: JKLU, Jaipur
- 2013: Greater Noida Extension center of IIT Roorkee
- 2014: NIT Silchar
- 2015: Saharanpur Campus of IIT Roorkee
- 2016: Thapar University, Patiala
The 7th one is going to be held at IIT Bhubaneswar during Dec 23-24, 2017.